5 Spice Chicken and Peanut Butter Towers
Serves 2 / 45 mins
Reach for the sky for school lunches or snacks at home with this easy sandwich recipe and get them reaching for more!
- 4 slices Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 chicken beast
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. 5 spice seasoning
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. real peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Beat 1 egg in a shallow bowl.
- Put flour in a shallow bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs and 5 spice seasoning in another shallow bowl.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and lightly drizzle olive oil.
- Pat the chicken with a paper towel to dry the surface.
- Dip the chicken into the flour and coat evenly before tapping to remove excess flour.
- Dip the coated chicken in the egg and then into the dry mixture to coat evenly. Place on pan.
- Bake for 35 mins.
- Remove from heat and cool before slicing in half.
- Lightly toast bread
- Spread peanut butter on one side of all slices of bread.
- Spread sliced chicken on top of one side of two slices of bread and top with second slice, peanut butter side down.
- Slice into triangles and serve-crust on or off!