Apple Pie Sandwich
Serves 2 / 10 mins
Get that loving feeling only Grandma's house can bring. Bring some wonder to the table with this super quick and easy Apple Pie Sandwich recipe made just for kids.
- 4 slices Wonder® White THIN Sandwich Bread
¼ cup mascarpone cheese
1 tsp. honey
2 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
1 Granny Smith or other firm apple cored and thinly sliced
½ tsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
Optional: Vanilla ice-cream
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk together mascarpone cheese and honey until fluffy.
- In another small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread butter onto Wonder® THIN bread slices and flip 2 slices over so that the non-buttered side is exposed.
- Spread mascarpone mix evenly between non-buttered sides of bread and top with apples and remaining Wonder® bread slices, buttered sides up. Sprinkle buttered outside with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Using either a Panini press or a pan over medium-high heat, grill each sandwich until the bread is toasted and the filling is warm.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!