Apple Pie Sandwich
Get that loving feeling only Grandma's house can bring. Bring some wonder to the table with this super quick and easy Apple Pie Sandwich recipe made just for kids.
- 4 slices Wonder® White THIN Sandwich Bread
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 1 Granny Smith or other firm apple cored and thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Optional: Vanilla ice-cream
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk together mascarpone cheese and honey until fluffy.
- In another small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread butter onto Wonder® THIN bread slices and flip 2 slices over so that the non-buttered side is exposed.
- Spread mascarpone mix evenly between non-buttered sides of bread and top with apples and remaining Wonder® bread slices, buttered sides up. Sprinkle buttered outside with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Using either a Panini press or a pan over medium-high heat, grill each sandwich until the bread is toasted and the filling is warm.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!