Avocado Egg Salad
Egg salad just got better! This easy breakfast idea for the kids, mixing egg and avocado, is quick and easy to make and just as easy to eat!
- 8 slices Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. red onion, chopped
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp. of chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives, parsley or dill
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- To make hard-boiled eggs, cook the eggs for about 10 minutes in a saucepan of simmering water to cover. Drain eggs from water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Mash avocado, mayonnaise, and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Stir in the eggs, celery, and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toast slices of Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat bread until preference. Spread 4 slices of bread with 1/4 of the avocado egg salad and place a leaf of lettuce on top. Top each sandwich with another slice of toast and serve.