Back In Class Sushi Sandwich Rolls
Easy to make with colourful ingredients. This easy lunch recipe is sure to get them excited about going back to class! A great lunch box idea in the making.
- 8 slices Wonder® White Thin Sandwich Bread
- 1 tbsp. margarine spread
- ½ small avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 iceberg lettuce leaf, finely sliced
Tuna and Celery Filling:
- 180g can flaked tuna, drained
- ½ celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
Chicken and Corn filling:
- ½ cup cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 15g can creamed corn
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- Make tuna and celery filling by combining tuna, celery and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
- Make chicken and corn filling by combining chicken, corn and chives in a bowl.
Place Wonder® White Thin Sandwich Bread on a flat surface. Using a rolling pin, flatten bread slightly. Spread margarine over 1 side of each bread slice.
- Spread tuna over 4 slices, leaving a 2cm strip along top edge. Top with avocado. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Spread chicken filling over the remaining 4 slices, leaving a 2cm strip along the opposite edge. Top with lettuce and red bell pepper. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Wrap sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until your kiddos are hungry and then serve!