Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Serves 2 / 2 Hours
- 4 slices of Wonder® Non-GMO Project Verified White Bread, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp. caramel sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes | Total Time: 2 hours
- Sauté apples and cinnamon in a lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until tender. Stir together the bread and apple mixture in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg. Then pour over bread mixture in baking dish. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake bread mixture at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown. Serve warm with walnuts and caramel sauce. Enjoy!