Cheese Dog Bread Rolls
This is how we roll! Looking for easy meal ideas for the kids? Our version of pigs in a blanket, fried to perfection is a great choice!
- 12 slices Wonder® White Sandwich Bread
- 3 hot dogs, cut into 4 strips
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Canola oil
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
- Trim edges of each slice of Wonder® White Sandwich Bread and with and flatten with a rolling pin until very thin.
- Arrange a piece of hotdog and two cheese strips at the edge of the bread facing you and roll bread into a log to enclose filling. Press lightly on seams to completely seal (or you can secure with toothpicks until you are ready to dredge in bread crumbs). Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk together until well-beaten. In a shallow dish, place Panko bread crumbs.
- Dip the bread roll in egg mixture and then roll in bread crumbs, patting down crumbs to fully coat. Repeat with the remaining rolls.
- Arrange breaded rolls in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for a quick 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a wide, thick-bottomed pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inches deep of oil. Place prepared bread rolls seam-side down and deep-fry, turning as needed, until golden and crunchy.
- Remove rolls from pan and drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Serve warm with a side of ketchup for your kiddos to dip!