Cheesy Bread Cakes
Serves: 6 / 20 mins
- 3 slices of Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat
- 4 scallions
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt & Pepper
Prep Time: 10 | Cook Time: 10 | Total Time: 20
- Place stale or hard bread in a blender and mix until breadcrumbs are formed
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a bowl.
- Finely chop scallions and parsley before adding into the bread mixture
- Add beaten egg, cheese, salt, pepper and mixture thoroughly.
- Grab a handful of the mixture and roll into little cakes.
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil and place the cheesecakes in one at a time.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes before flipping. Lightly press down on the cheese bites to ensure the additional sides gets golden brown.
- Remove from heat, place on a paper towel lined plate to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve with sour cream, hummus or tahini.