Chicken Enchiladas in a Bun
A Mexican-inspired favourite, is now a handheld option! This chicken enchilada sandwich recipe takes a quick and easy dinner idea and adds a summer twist.
- 4 Wonder® Ballpark Hamburger Buns
- 1 pack store-bought shredded chicken 250g (or about 2 cups of homemade shredded chicken)
- 1 tbsp. dried cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine chicken, enchilada sauce, cilantro, lime juice, celery, tomatoes, pepper and salt in a large bowl.
- Top bottom half of buns with chicken mixture then with shredded cheese before covering with top half of bun.
- Lightly brush butter on tops of buns.
- Place in oven until cheese is melted and top of bun is toasty (about 5-7 minutes).
- Serve with Tortilla chips and salsa.