Chocolate Banana and PB French Toast Kabobs
Bring a twist to this classic that's sure to bring some wonder to the breakfast table this weekend. This easy breakfast idea is sure to get you some extra hugs for half the work!
- 8 slices Wonder® White Texas Toast
- 1 bananas sliced thin (0.5 inch)
- 1 banana sliced thick (1 inch)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- 5 tbsp. maple syrup, divided
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- Additional maple syrup
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate (chocolate chips also work!)
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- Spread peanut butter over four slices of Wonder® bread. Top with thinly sliced bananas; sprinkle with cinnamon. Thinly spread peanut butter over remaining bread; place over top.
- Lightly grease a pan; heat over medium heat. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 3 tbsp. syrup and vanilla until blended. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture, allowing each side to soak 10 seconds. Place sandwiches on pan; toast 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Melt chocolate in microwave 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- While cooking, dip half of each thick sliced banana into melted chocolate and set on cooking rack or pan with parchment paper to dry.
- Transfer sandwiches to a cutting board and brush with remaining syrup. Cut sandwiches into quarters. On four metal or wooden skewers, alternately thread French toast and chocolate dipped bananas.
- Serve with additional maple syrup or chocolate for dipping!