Chorizo and Bean Burger
This juicy, sausage burger is an unforgettable supper idea. A great way to change it up for an easy summer meal!
- 4 Wonder® Hamburger Buns
- 200g mini cooking chorizo, skins removed
- 6 pork sausages, squeezed from their skins
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. lime juice, plus
- wedges to serve
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 400g mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium egg, lightly whisked
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Sour cream, avocado and chips to serve
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 16 minutes + chilling | Total Time: 26 minutes
- In a food processor, pulse the chorizo, sausage, paprika, lime juice and coriander until well combined. Add the beans and some seasoning, and quickly pulse again to mix. Tip into a bowl and mix about an egg to bind. Using your hands, shape into 4 burgers and cover and chill for 15 mins. While the burgers chill, preheat your oven to heat oven to 200°C.
- Once the patties have completed chilling, heat oil a pan over medium heat and fry the burgers for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes, until the patties cooked through.
- Toast your Wonder® White Hamburger buns to your preference and top with patty, sour cream, avocado and enjoy!