Christmas Morning Casserole
- 12 slices Wonder® White Texas Toast Bread
- 12 slice of crispy bacon or 1 cup of diced ham
- 3 green onions
- ½ red bell pepper finely diced
- 4 cups of grated cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 cups of corn flakes
- ½ tsp of dry mustard, salt, and black pepper
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 55 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cube bread and leave out overnight or place in the oven at 300F for about 10 minutes to dry slightly (do not let it brown)
- Combine eggs, milk & seasonings
- Layer ½ of the bread cubes in a greased 9x13 pan. Top with bacon, green onions, red peppers and cheese. Repeat layers one more time.
- Pour egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least for 3 hours)
- Remove from fridge and let it sit on the counter while the over preheats to 350F. Bake covered for foil for 45 remove from oven and add corn flakes on top of the casserole. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes until the corn flakes are browned and a knife is inserted in the center and it comes out clean. Cut and serve.