Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Pancakes
- 1 loaf of Wonder® Cinnamon Raisin
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp. of baking soda
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten.
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- French Toast:
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ tsp. of ground cinnamon
- Optional: fruit, maple syrup and icing sugar & cinnamon for topping. Cut pancakes into fun animals or things using cookie cutters if you are looking to shake things up.
Prep Time: 10 | Cook Time: 20 | Total Time: 30
- Place the loaf of Wonder® Raisin in the blender and pulse until a flour like substance is made.
- Pour the bread mixture into a bowl, combine with sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combine but still slightly lumpy.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto a heated griddle or skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles have formed on the surface and popped.
- Flip the pancake and continue until it is cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Set pancakes aside until cooled enough to handle. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk and cinnamon.
- Dip each pancake in the egg mixture and let it sit for 15 seconds per side (do not over soak the pancake). Transfer to the griddle and cook for 2 more minutes per side.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream and fresh fruit, as desired.