Eggs in a Basket
Serves 2 / 10 mins
Simply add your favourite cookie cutter shape for this easy and quick breakfast idea! A heart for Valentine's Day, a bunny for Easter, the ideas are endless!
- 2 slices Wonder® White or Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat Texas Toast
- 2 Large eggs
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Fruit of your choice
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter (or your favourite shape) to cut out the centre of each piece of bread.
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread, including the cut out pieces.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the bread on the griddle with the butter side down.
- Break 1 egg into a small dish and gently slide it into the hole in the bread.
- Cook until the egg is golden on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gently flip to cook on the other side for about a minute.
- Toast the buttered cut out pieces on both
- Place on plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!