Fish and Chips Dog
Take a tasty supper recipe and make it hand-held, what a great idea!
- 4 Wonder® Ballpark Classics Hotdog Buns
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dill pickle- small to medium size, finely chopped (3-4 tbsp.)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon, zest and juice, more if desired, and extra for serving
- 1 tbsp. capers, chopped (optional)
- 1.5 tbsp. fresh dill or parsley, washed, dried and chopped, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1lb cod fillet cut crosswise into 12 x 1" strips
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, panko, or plain.
- 1/2 cup plain or flavoured potato chips, lightly crushed
Prep Time: 25 minutes plus marinating time | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, pickle, lemon, capers, 1 Tbsp. herbs, mustard and salt, and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes before use.
- In 3 shallow containers (pie plate or 9x9"" baking dish size), fill with 1) flour mixed with, onion and garlic powders, 2) eggs, cracked and beaten 3) Breadcrumbs mixed with 1/2 Tbsp. chopped herbs.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dry codpieces well on paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. A few pieces at a time, place fish pieces in flour mixture and toss to coat. shaking off excess four, dip into the beaten egg.
- Shaking off excess egg, place into breadcrumbs and roll to evenly coat. Repeat process with remaining pieces of fish.
- Place breaded fish pieces onto a parchment-lined baking pan
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning over fish pieces halfway through until breading is golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- To assemble, place hot 3 fish sticks lengthwise in each hotdog roll, and spoon over 2-3 Tbsp. tartar sauce per roll. Sprinkle potato chips over top.