Fo’ Popper Grilled Cheese
For the Fo' Popper Mix (Prepares 6 grilled cheese sandwiches)
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced white onion
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- 3 ounces sweet corn nibblets
- ¾ pound Jalepenos - Roasted and dried
- 4 cloves of garlic - roasted
- 4 tablespoons of cream cheese
- ½ pound of shredded mix cheese
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes (Mix cook time) / 6 minutes (Sandwich cook time) | Total Time: 45-50 minutes
- To prepare the mix, sautéed off the peppers, onions and corn together till cooked in a pot. Add in the cream cheese and melt.
- Grind up or finely chop the roasted jalapenos and garlic, and add to the pot.
- Mix in the shredded cheese and stir all together. Add salt to taste.
- To prepare the Fo' Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich, spread the mayo on two slices of white sliced Wonder Bread.
- On one slice add 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese, scoop Fo' Popper mix on top of cheese and add another 1/3 cup of mozzarella on top of mix.
- Close the sandwich with the other slice of Wonder Bread with the mayo side up. Garnish by placing two slices of jalapenos into the mayo beside the sandwich.
- Grill the sandwich over medium heat with the mayo side down to start. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Slice in half and enjoy your Fo' Popper Grilled cheese made with Wonder Bread!