Garlic Bread and Cheese Pasta Pie
Serves 8 / 40 minutes
- 12 slices of Wonder® White Texas Toast Bread
- 14 oz. (1 package) or spiral pasta, cooked
- 2 ½ cups mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 24 ounces of marinara sauce
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 3 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 6 tbsp. butter, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook pasta accordingly to package directions preferably al dente, drain and return to pot.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef, green peppers and onions and cook for approximately 7-9 minutes or until meat is browned. Drain and add in marinara sauce, basil and Italian seasoning, cooked pasta and shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melt 6 tbsp. of butter in the microwave and stir in minced garlic. Brush one side of each Wonder® Texas Toast slice, with garlic butter mixture. Line the bottom and sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan with bread slices, trimming to fit and facing buttered sides against the pan.
- Spoon in beef and pasta mixture, ensuring to press and pack down. Repeat until the entire pan is filled.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Loosen sides from the pan with a knife before removing the torte from the pan. Cut slices and serve immediately!