Ice Cream Sandwiches
Here is an easy recipe to serve up customized ice cream sandwiches for any upcoming celebration.
- 8 slices Wonder® White Bread
- 4 cups ice cream –choose a variety or your kiddo’s favourite
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Cookie cutters
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- Line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour softened ice cream to dish and smooth out until flat –if you’d like a very thick sandwich add more ice cream.
- Place in freezer until completely frozen.
- Use cookie cutters to cut shapes out of bread and arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spread sprinkles in a plate.
- Remove frozen ice cream from pan by flipping over onto a flat surface or lifting parchment from the bottom. Use cookie cutters to cut the same shapes used for bread for ice cream.
- Quickly assemble each sandwich by placing ice cream on one piece of bread and topping with the second. Dip edges into sprinkles and freeze until firm before serving.