Kid Friendly Chicken Sandwich on a Stick
Weekends are busy enough chasing the kiddos around, so why not give them a reason to sit down with this super quick and easy chicken sandwich on a stick recipe-who knows maybe it'll give a few minutes to rest too!
- 4 slices Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 12 frozen chicken nuggets
- 6 slices cucumber (add additional vegetables if desired)
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 metal or wooden skewers (cake pop or lollipop sticks also work)
- Ketchup, mustard or other condiments that the kids enjoy
- Note: if the kids prefer to have their condiments on the bread, lightly spread before slicing into squares and assemble condiment side down on each skewer for less mess!
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- Bake frozen chicken nuggets based on instructions on package.
- While cooking, toast 4 slices of Wonder® bread, remove crust and slice into for squares.
- Slice cucumber and cherry tomatoes or additional vegetables you’d like to add.
- Once chicken nuggets are cooked and cooled, skewer one square of bread followed by a chicken nugget and slice of cucumber then repeat substituting cucumber for tomato. Then repeat for three nuggets per skewer.
- Serve with condiments that the kids enjoy.