Lean Turkey Burger With Sweet Potato Wedges
Serves 4 / 40 mins
Change up your burger routine with a juicy turkey burger and yummy sweet potato wedges for your sides!
- 4 Wonder® White Hamburger Buns
- 2 large sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 500g turkey breast mince (under 5% fat)
- 2 small red onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 apples, peeled and grated
- 4 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 30g coconut oil
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Zap the sweet potato wedges in the microwave for about 6 minutes on full power until they are just beginning to turn Leave to rest for 30 secs.
- While the sweet potato is spinning in the microwave, mix the turkey mince in a bowl with the onion, garlic, egg and Using your hands, work the ingredients together and add the oregano, paprika and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into 4 burgers about 3cm thick. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Over high heat, heat a pan with the coconut Add the sweet potato wedges and shallow-fry for about 3 minutes on each side until they are nicely browned all over and cooked through to the centre. Remove wedges from oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Season with a good pinch of salt.
Optional: If you prefer to bake your wedges, toss them in the oil and roast them in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to season them with a pinch of salt when they are done.
- Lightly toast each side of the Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger bun.
- Serve burgers with condiments of your choice and a side of sweet potato wedges and enjoy!