Loaded Campfire Chili Dogs
Serves 4 / 28 mins
- 4 Wonder® Non-GMO Project Verified Hotdog Buns
- 4 hot dog wieners
- 2 tsp. chili seasoning
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chili, prepared or canned
- 1/4 cup bacon bits, prepared
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Hot sauce (optional)
Prep Time: 14 minutes | Cook Time: 14 minutes | Total Time: 28 minutes
- On a plate or tray, drizzle wieners with olive oil and toss with Chili seasoning to coat. On a preheated grill, cook hot dogs for 5-7 minutes, turning a few times for even grill marks.
- Open buns on the slice so they lie almost flat (without splitting the bun!), and lay two slices of cheese per bun. On the upper rack of the BBQ with heat on low, place buns cheese side up and toast with the lid closed, approx. 1 minute, until cheese, starts to melt and buns toasted.
- While the hot dogs cook, heat prepared chili on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Assemble the Hot dog- place cooked hot dogs on the cheese buns, top with 2-3 Tbsp. warmed Chili, sprinkle with bacon bits, drizzle sour cream, and hot sauce if desired.