Mexican Chicken Pocket
- 2 Wonder® Whole Wheat 10" 10 pack
- 1 green onion
- ½ red, yellow or green pepper
- 25g of cooked chicken or tofu
- 20g of cheddar cheese
- 50g of canned kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 25g frozen peas
- 25g of frozen sweetcorn
- ½ tsp of chipotle paste or mild chili powder
- 1 egg
- Quick salsa
- 1 tomato
- ¼ red onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp of lime juice
- ¼ tsp of fresh red pepper chili flakes or hot sauce
Prep Time: 35 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line or grease a baking sheet
- Prepare the filling by chopping the green onion finely, dice pepper, shred or slice cooked chicken/tofu and grate cheddar cheese. Place all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the kidney beans, peas & sweetcorn to the mixture
- Stir in chipotle paste or chili powder
- Crack an egg into a small dish & mix well.
- Cut wraps in half & brush the edges of each half with egg wash.
- Leave for 30 seasons and fold into a cone shape sealing the edges
- Fill each cone with a little bit of mixture. Making sure to not over fill them so they are easy to seal
- Brush remaining edges with egg. Leave for 30 seconds and seal by pressing the edges together firmly.
- Place the pockets on the baking tray. Brush all of the pockets with egg .
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- While the pockets are baking, prepared the salsa.