PB & Marshmallow Spread Sandwich Turkey
Thanksgiving isn't the only time you can win with this recipe idea! Bring some wonder to the table by changing up your sandwich presentation with a few simple ingredients.
- 4 slices Wonder®White Bread
- 2 tbsp. Natural peanut butter (crunchy or smooth depending on your kiddos’ tastes)
- 2 tbsp.marshmallow spread
- 1 large circle cookie cutter (or freehand it)
- 4 small chocolate chips
- 2-3 apples sliced in 8 (different colours are optimal but use what you have!)
- ¼ slice of cheese for the beak and feet
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- Slice apples in 8 slices per apple.
- Cut slices into circles using cookie cutter.
- Spread peanut butter (substitute this for any nut butter) on one side of two circles.
- Carefully spread marshmallow spread on one side of the remaining circles.
- Sandwich together and place in the middle of the plate.
- Fan out the apple slices across the top 2/3rds of the circle for turkey feathers.
- Place two chocolate chips upside down in the centre of the circle about 1/3 down.
- Slice 2 small triangles from sliced cheese along with four feet and arrange triangle under the chocolate chips and at the bottom of the sandwich for the feet.
- Surprise the kids when they get home from school with this great pre-homework snack!