Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast
French toast is usually a favourite on a Saturday morning but what if you stuffed it with PB?
- 4 slices Wonder® White Bread
- ½ cup of whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 tbsp. of creamy peanut butter
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together into a shallow bowl that is wide enough for your bread.
- Lightly butter the hot frying pan.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture letting it sit for 15-30 seconds until mixture is absorbed.
- Carefully transfer into the frying pan, letting egg mix drip off.
- Cook bread on each side until golden brown.
- Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on each slice of bread. Serve as single slices or as a sandwich.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.