An easy lunch idea the kids will love, but we recommend a plate rather than their pocket for this one!
- 1 loaf of Wonder® White Texas Toast Bread
- 2 tbsp. of oil for frying
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup of spinach or greens (optional)
- 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning
- Pepperoni (optional)
- 1 to 1 ½ cups cup of tomato sauce
- 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Water for soaking & sealing bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a medium frying pan
- Add your medium sized chopped onion to the pan and cook until translucent.
- Add in garlic, Italian seasoning and tomato sauce.
- Mix well (add in spinach) and set aside
- Take a bread slice and trim off the edges
- Use a rolling pin to roll out each bread slice
- Spread a spoonful of tomato sauce on the bread, add a few slices of pepperoni, and a handful of mozzarella cheese
- Roll the bread in half and use a little water to seal the bread into a pocket formation.
- Repeat this step using the remainder of ingredients
- Heat the additional tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and fry bread pockets on medium to high heat until they turn golden brown on both sides.