Serves 2 / 15 mins
Find yourself stuck with pizza requests and no time to wait for delivery? This easy to make sandwich brings together all their favourite toppings in an easy recipe win in less than 15 minutes-beat that!
- 4 slices Wonder® White Texas Toast Bread
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. of pizza sauce (alternatively ketchup or marinara sauce)
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 24 thin slices pepperoni
- Butter or margarine
Optional: Pepperoni Crust
- 6 thin slices pepperoni
- 2 tbsp. mozzarella cheese
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Butter Wonder® White Texas Toast Bread and place 2 slices butter side down in the pan. Top each slice with 1 tbsp. pizza sauce.
- Layer cheese, 6 slices pepperoni, parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and mozzarella on each slice. Top with remaining bread, butter side out.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side or just until golden.
- Remove the sandwich from the non-stick pan.
- Optional: For a quick and easy pepperoni crust, place 3 slices of pepperoni directly in the pan and top with 1 tbsp. mozzarella cheese. Place sandwich on top of the cheese and let cook until crisp (about 1 minute).
- Serve and enjoy!