Quick & Easy Zucchini Chicken Burger
Serves 4 / 25 mins
Get your protein and veggies in one delicious bite with these quick and easy zucchini chicken burgers. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or a backyard barbecue with friends.
- 4 White Hamburger Buns
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded finely
- 1 small onion, shredded finely
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of homemade Wonder breadcrumbs (see below)
- ½ tsp. of kosher salt
- ½ tsp. of black pepper
- Toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, mustard, etc.)
- LEMON-FETA MAYO
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. of crumpled feta
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 loaf Wonder® White Bread (leave open on the counter overnight)
- ½ tsp. of onion powder
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ¼ tsp. of pepper
- 2 tsp. of olive oil
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat the grill or frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Squeeze the shredded zucchini in small handfuls to release as much water as possible or wrap in a paper towel and squeeze out the water.
- In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, onion, ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, salt & pepper and create 4 burgers.
- Place the burgers on the preheated grill or frying pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, mix together the ingredients for the Lemon feta mayo.
- Toast the buns, add a little mayo and top with your favorite toppings.