Sausage, Pesto and Pepper Sandwiches
Serves 4 / 25 mins
Feeling inspired to bring some Italian flavours to the table today? Then this super quick recipe is a must-try.
- 8 slices Wonder® White Texas Toast Bread
- 4 sausages of your choice
- 8 tbsp. pesto
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, sliced into strips
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
Prep Time: 2 minutes | Cook Time: | Total Time: 10 minutes
- Put sausages almost in half-crosswise, then in half lengthwise.
- Heat 1 tbsp. In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Cook sausages in oil for 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In the meanwhile, lay slices of Wonder® White Texas bread out on the counter. Brush one side of bread slices with oil. Turn over bread slices, oiled side down and spread each with pesto.
- Top 4 slices with 1 cheese slice, a handful of spinach and slices of cooked sausage and another bread slice, oiled side up.
- Heat skillet or a griddle over medium-high heat. Cook sandwiches for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!