Spinach and Pesto Grilled Cheese
Serves 4 / 10 mins
There's really no wrong way to make a winning grilled cheese sandwich. Here's yet another take on a classic bringing together both spinach and pesto.
- 8 slices Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 tbsp. pesto sauce
- 4 oz. fresh organic spinach
- 4 tbsp. butter or olive oil
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Divide the butter over the outside of each slice of Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat bread.
- Spread the pesto sauce over the inside of four slices of bread.
- Place one slice on the provolone cheese on four slices of bread followed by the spinach. Place the other cheese slice on top of the spinach and top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Add the sandwiches to the pan and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes on each side and serve!