Super Quick Strawberry Shortcakes – made with English Muffins
Create the perfect tea party treat, birthday party surprise, or summer dessert with this quick strawberry shortcake recipe idea.
For the Strawberries
- 2–3 cups quartered strawberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
For the Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. rainbow sprinkles and chocolate chips
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
- Combine heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer bowl and whip on low speed for 1-2 minutes. Then increase the speed and whip until soft peaks form. Careful not to over whip.
- Add sugar to the strawberries and let them sit about 15 minutes while you warm the English Muffins and whip the cream. They will become soft and juicy.
- Slice English Muffins, fill the bottom slice with strawberries and top with fluffy whip cream before topping with second half of the biscuit with extra whip cream, strawberry and sprinkles.