Sweet and Savoury Grilled Cheese
Serves 4 / 30 mins
Savoury grilled cheese sandwiches are the best-but what if you made them just a bit sweet along the way? Try this berry-yummy twist on a classic with Wonder®.
- 8 slices Wonder® White Bread
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 oz. white cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 package of fresh blueberries
- Butter, as needed
- Salt to taste
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine blueberries sugar and lemon juice until boiling.
- Lower temperature and allow mixture to reduce and thicken for 25 minutes, stirring often.
- Layout 4 slices Wonder® bread and evenly distribute slices of white cheddar and mozzarella onto each slice. Spoon blueberry sauce onto each slice and top with remaining bread slices.
- Place sandwiches into a buttered pan over medium heat and cook each side until golden brown. Flip and repeat on other side.
- Remove from heat, cut in half, serve and enjoy!