Butter Fried Bologna & Raspberry Jam Puzzle Bites
Solve the lunch time sandwich puzzle with this easy to make fried bologna sandwich recipe that the kids will enjoy playing with as much as they will eating it.
- 4 slices Wonder® White Bread
- 6 thin slices of bologna (choose all beef, pork, chicken or soy, based on your child’s preference)
- 2 tbsp. raspberry jelly or jam
- 1 tbsp. softened butter and 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Puzzle piece cookie cutters
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- Place a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place 1 tbsp. of butter in the pan.
- When the butter is melted place 2 thin slices of bologna (however many you can fit without crowding) in the pan.
NOTE: to prevent ‘doming’ cut a slit from the edge to the middle of the slice before putting the bologna into the pan.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until the edges are golden brown.
- Flip the bologna over and cook for another 3 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- While the bologna is cooking toast slices of Wonder® bread.
- Evenly divide jam or jelly and spread on one 2 slices of bread.
- Top with three slices of bologna then lighly butter second slice of bread and top.
- Use puzzle piece cookie cutters to create sandwich pieces serve with potato chips.