Butter Fried Bologna & Raspberry Jam Puzzle Bites
Serves 2 / 15 mins
Solve the lunch time sandwich puzzle with this easy to make fried bologna sandwich recipe that the kids will enjoy playing with as much as they will eating it.
- 4 slices Wonder® White Bread
- 6 thin slices of bologna (choose all beef, pork, chicken or soy, based on your child’s preference)
- 2 tbsp. raspberry jelly or jam
- 1 tbsp. softened butter and 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Puzzle piece cookie cutters
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- Place a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place 1 tbsp. of butter in the pan.
- When the butter is melted place 2 thin slices of bologna (however many you can fit without crowding) in the pan.
NOTE: to prevent ‘doming’ cut a slit from the edge to the middle of the slice before putting the bologna into the pan.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until the edges are golden brown.
- Flip the bologna over and cook for another 3 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- While the bologna is cooking toast slices of Wonder® bread.
- Evenly divide jam or jelly and spread on one 2 slices of bread.
- Top with three slices of bologna then lighly butter second slice of bread and top.
- Use puzzle piece cookie cutters to create sandwich pieces serve with potato chips.