Word Game Pepperoni Pizza Melts
Serves 2 (6 letters) / 5 mins
They were simply pizza toasts when you were growing up but Gen Z and Alphas are looking for something more! We've got you covered with this creative idea to share your messages over a meal and share your childhood favourites in a new way.
- 6 slices Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 tbsp. softened garlic spread or butter
- ½ cup of pizza sauce of pasta sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 60 small slices of pepperoni (substitute for any toppings the kids will enjoy)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan (fresh or store-bought)
- Mom Tip: You will need large alphabet cookie cutters or you can free-hand the letters!
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 6 minutes | Total Time: 11 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425ᵒF (218C).
- Spread garlic butter on one side of each slice of bread and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cut one letter into each slice of bread.
- Top each slice with pizza or pasta sauce making sure to cover the edges.
- Top with pepperoni or other toppings of your choice.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for about 6 mins until cheese begins to bubble and bread is toasted.
- Remove from oven, top with grated parmesan and serve.