3 Super-Fast Kids Lunch Box Sandwich Recipes
Making Sandwiches Fun Again
So you may not need to make lunch box sandwiches for a little while longer, but a great way to keep routines up for your little ones who may actually be missing school after being off for the Summer is to create a winning lunch box meal for the last few weeks before class starts.
These three quick lunch ideas are sure to get your kids excited about lunchtime while also finishing their meals.
1. Cookie Cutter Sandwiches
These are a hit for younger kids, especially preschoolers!
You may not have the time to bake cookies, but that’s no reason not to invest in a few great cookie cutters that your children love. From the alphabet, to stars, to butterflies or even snowmen for the winter season, your kids’ favorite sandwiches can transform into something fun to enjoy while at school. Making your sandwich creations whimsical can help to encourage your toddler to eat whole-wheat, multigrain, or even a childhood favourite like Wonder® White Bread. Try filling the sandwiches with a range of options from cheese to hummus or even butter and jam.
2. Mini Slider Buns
Another fun and easy-to-handle option for your little one’s lunch box are mini slider bunwiches! You may not want to send along an actual burger patty since hot food usually goes cold and tasteless by the time lunchtime rolls around, but there are tons of other options when it comes to filling your sliders. Choose your child’s favourite or, if cheese is their go-to, at least you can change it up day to day with variations on your bread choices. Slider buns are also the perfect size for lunch.
3. Bread Sushi
Not only is this a super easy meal to make for your little one, but is also a lot of fun!
Back In Class-Sushi Sandwich Bites
- 8 slices Wonder® White Thin Sandwich Bread
- 1 tbsp margarine spread
- ½ small avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 iceberg lettuce leaf, finely sliced
- Tuna and Celery Filling:
- 180g can flaked tuna, drained
- ½ celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Chicken and Corn filling:
- ½ cup cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 15g can creamed corn
- 1 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- Make tuna and celery filling by combining tuna, celery and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
- Make chicken and corn filling by combining chicken, corn and chives in a bowl.
- Place Wonder® White Thin Sandwich Bread on a flat surface. Using a rolling pin, flatten bread slightly. Spread margarine over 1 side of each bread slice.
- Spread tuna over 4 slices, leaving a 2cm strip along top edge. Top with avocado. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Spread chicken filling over the remaining 4 slices, leaving a 2cm strip along the opposite edge. Top with lettuce and red bell pepper. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Wrap sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until your kiddos are hungry and then serve!