4 Fun Kid-Friendly Breakfast Ideas Using Sliced Bread
Create Quick and Easy Kid-Friendly Meals
Getting the kids up and fueled with a great breakfast can be quite the challenge for some Canadian parents. Some have to deal with kids just not wanting anything to eat, others may have super slow eaters making it stressful to jump on your next virtual call in time and then there are those habitual eaters who want nothing more but the same old cereal day in and day out.
If you’re searching for something to fix your breakfast challenges we’ve got some great kid-friendly breakfast ideas made with good ol’ sliced white bread. Here are 4 fun, fast and delicious kids breakfast ideas that will add a little spring to their morning meals that they’re sure to love!
4 Quick and Easy Kid Breakfast Recipes
1. Berry Breakfast Bruschetta with Cream Cheese
The kids will love the idea of a take on this grown-up favourite for breakfast! It’s quick and super simple to make and also gives the kids an option to top their bruschetta with the berries they love most. The great thing about this recipe is that it can also be served as an easy after-school snack to keep them going until dinner.
- 1 slice of Wonder® White Texas Bread
- 1 tbsp. of cream cheese
- ¼ cup of strawberries, washed and diced
- ¼ cup of blueberries, washed
- ¼ cup of raspberries, washed and cut in halves
- Toast the sliced bread until it’s golden brown
- Top with cream cheese
- Add strawberries. Blueberries and raspberries on top (choose which berries are best suited for your little one or choose only one each time you make it!)
- Serve immediately
This quick breakfast idea is sure to have the kids wondering just how you managed to get an egg into the middle of their bread. This whimsical recipe is ideal for a Saturday or Sunday morning and can also be served as a kids lunch idea for your egg lovers! All you need is 10 minutes, some eggs, fruit and of course your kids’ favourite Wonder® bread.
- 2 Slices of Wonder® White or Whole Wheat Texas Toast Bread
- 2 large eggs
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Fruit of your choice
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter (or your favourite shape) to cut out the centre of each piece of bread.
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread, including the cut out pieces.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the bread on the griddle with the butter side down.
- Break 1 egg into a small dish and gently slide it into the hole in the bread.
- Cook until the egg is golden on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gently flip to cook on the other side for about a minute.
- Toast the buttered cutout pieces on both
- Place on a plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!
3. Sweet Potato Toast
Alright, this one is definitely for a more adventurous eater you never know what your kids will try until you put it in front of them right? This simple but healthy breakfast recipe is full of vitamins and will set your kids off on the right foot for the day and a lot of your prep can be done the night before making it super quick as well. The great thing is the leftover sweet potato can be used for another day’s lunchtime meal or for your meal as well!
- 4 Slices of 100% Whole Wheat + Fibre Wonder Bread®
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbsp. of Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- A dash of cinnamon
- Peel and cube your sweet potatoes, then boil on medium to high heat for about 20 minutes (or until soft). This step can also be done the night before and refrigerated.
- Once the potatoes are soft, drain the water and remove from heat. Add in the maple syrup and butter and mash and whip up the potatoes until they are no longer chunky.
- Toast bread, and once toasted, add a large spoonful of the sweet potato mash to the top of the toast.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of cinnamon for added flavour.
- Serve immediately.
4. Animal Toast
Fox toast is just one of the animal creations you can use with the ingredients below! Try making your child’s favourite animal toast and bring a fun new way to enjoy breakfast to the table for your little ones.
- 1 cup of whipped cream cheese
- 4 slices White Wonder Bread®
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced into coins
- 8 chocolate chips
- 8 sliced strawberries
- 4 blueberries
- Stir together cream cheese and honey in a small bowl.
- Spread on the bottom of each slice of toast, leaving a V in the top center.
- Spread peanut butter (or substitute) on the remaining toast.
- Top each toast with two bananas creating the eyes and place chocolate chips on top of the bananas.
- Place an almond slice over each eye creating the eyebrows.
- Place a blueberry on the bottom center for the nose and finish with the ears by placing one strawberry on each side of the top of the toast.
- Serve immediately.