Kid-Friendly Tuna Melt
Serves 2 / 13 mins
- 4 slices of Wonder® Non-GMO White +Fibre Bread
- 6 oz Canned Tuna
- 1/4 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato sliced into 4 slices
- 1 pickle sliced into 8 slices
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon minced flat-leaf parsley
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes | Total time: 13 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small mixing bowl break up the tuna with a fork and combine the ¼ cup of mayonnaise. If adding additional ingredients, add in the celery, onion, and parsley and stir to combine. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- Brush one side of all 4 Wonder® bread slices with olive oil.
- Place 2 slices of bread, olive oil side down on a sheet pan
- Equally, divide tuna mixture between both slices of Wonder® bread. Spread out evenly
- Top both slices of bread with a cheddar cheese slice. Option: Also top with tomato slices and pickles.
- Place the remaining 2 slices of bread, olive oil side up, on top of the sandwich.
- Place in oven, until cheese is melted, about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly. Serve with cut-up veggies of your choice and enjoy!