Sliced Bread Fruit Snack Tarts
Serves 6 / 30 minutes
One of the best parts of coming home from school is enjoying a sweet treat while homework gets done! Try this super quick and easy snack time recipe featuring Wonder®.
- 6 slices Wonder® White or 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ tbsp. skim milk
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Kiwifruit, to serve
- Banana, to serve
- Strawberries, to serve
- Blueberries to serve
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a rolling pin to press each piece of bread flat and remove crusts. Make a slice approximately 1” long in the middle of each slice on two sides.
- Spray a muffin tin generously with cooking spray to grease. Gently overlap the "tabs" from the bread slits and press gently into a muffin tin and bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow bread cups to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, honey, vanilla and milk until smooth.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into each cooled bread cup and top with fruits of your choice.