Make Ahead Sunday Brunch
Serves 12 / 1hr 10 mins
Brunch is supposed to be relaxing so why not help yourself make it so! This make ahead Sunday brunch recipe idea is a simple way to pack in tons of flavour for an easy to serve option for the whole family.
- 12 slices Wonder® White Bread
- 4 cups frozen broccoli, cooked and drained or other vegetables that you’d like to hide from the kids!
- 2 cups diced ham or other meat of your choice
- 6 eggs
- 3 ½ cups 2% or whole milk
- 5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 55 minutes | Total Time: 1hr 10 mins
- Butter a baking dish (9x12).
- Cut 12 rounds using a circular cookie cutter (about 4 inches in diameter) out of slices of bread.
- Break up all remaining bread and spread at the bottom of baking dish.
- Top bread pieces with share cheddar cheese, broccoli, ham and top with bread circles to form a cover.
- Beat eggs and combine in a bowl with milk, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over top of the bread circles ensuring to soak all of the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 6 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 degrees, uncover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut into large squares for you and smaller ones for the kiddos and serve!