Avocado Egg Salad
Serves 4 / 15 mins
Egg salad just got better! This easy breakfast idea for the kids, mixing egg and avocado, is quick and easy to make and just as easy to eat!
- 8 slices 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. red onion, chopped
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp. of chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives, parsley or dill
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- To make hard-boiled eggs, cook the eggs for about 10 minutes in a saucepan of simmering water to cover. Drain eggs from water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Mash avocado, mayonnaise, and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Stir in the eggs, celery, and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toast slices of Wonder® 100% Whole Wheat bread until preference. Spread 4 slices of bread with ¼ of the avocado egg salad and place a leaf of lettuce on top. Top each sandwich with another slice of toast and serve.