Garlic Bread Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches
Serves 6 / 30 mins
- 6 Wonder® Non-GMO Project Verified Hamburger Buns
- 12-18 breaded chicken strips (2-3 large strips per sandwich)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (not chunky)
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup garlic butter or spread, softened
Prep Time: 10 minutes | *Cook Time: 20 minutes| Total Time: 30 minutes
*May vary depending on chicken strip cooking directions
- Cook/heat breaded Chicken Strips according to package directions
- Set oven to broil, with the rack adjusted to the middle of the oven.
- On a clean baking tray lined with foil, group hot chicken strips together in two or threes, depending on size. Spoon tomato sauce generously over the strips and top with a slice of Mozzarella cheese to cover the chicken. Place the tray in the oven and broil the assembled chicken strips approx. 1-3 minutes until cheese is melted, evenly browned and bubbly. Remove from oven and keep in a warm place
- While Chicken Strips are being broiled, spread softened garlic butter on both the cut sides of the Wonder® Hamburger buns, and place buttered cut side up on a foil lined baking tray. When the oven is free, broil the Wonder® buns, moving around as needed to evenly brown and toast. *Watch carefully as the buns toast quickly! Remove from oven to a warm place.
- To assemble the sandwiches, use a spatula to transfer the groups of chicken strips onto the bottom halves of the toasted Wonder® hamburger buns and cover with the top half of the roll.
- Serve immediately, with either a side salad or raw veggies and enjoy!