Mini Falafel Subs
Serves 4 / 55 min
- 4 Wonder® Ballpark Classics Hotdog Buns
- 2 cups raw chickpeas soaked in water overnight (not canned)
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp. lemon
- 2 –3 handfuls fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of salt
- Store bought tahini sauce to taste
- 1 cup feta
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
** store bought falafel work as well!
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes
- Drain and wash the soaked, uncooked chickpeas thoroughly and blend it well in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients until it turns into a coarse pastry. The texture of the chickpea mixture should be firm enough to easily hold its shape. (If the mixture it too loose, add some breadcrumbs or wheat flour to the pastry. If the mixture it ittoo firm, add a touch more olive oil.)
- Form the falafel into small balls or flat mini burgers it's up to you.
- Preheat the oven to 375 and place the falafels on a baking sheet. Drizzle the falafels with olive oil on both sides. Bake for a total of 30-40 minutes, flipping once at the halfway through the cooking process. The longer you bake them the firmer they'll become.
- Assemble each bun starting with sauce, then lettuce, falafel balls or patties, tomatoes and crumble feta on top before topping with top slice of bun. If the kids prefer ketchup, add in place of tahini sauce.
- For smaller hands slice into thirds with one falafel ball in each!
Wonder® products available at: